The following is based on my experience and observations on running a successful business. I have not numbered them because I believe they are equally important. The intention is to provide useful titbits of information for entrepreneurs and not an exhaustive list.
- Important: When you are setting up your business it is essential you choose the right type of company formation. Depending on your circumstances you may register a Limited Company, a Limited Liability Partnership or setup as a sole trader. It is best to obtain professional independent advice.
- Tip: As a business owner or future business owner you most likely have heard people say that you should surround yourself with people with a positive, negative to remain outside the door.
- If you hate what you do, then you must change the nature of your business. But be careful, as assign people say that if you do what you love as a business, then you will be successful, not always true, no request for your passion, you are sure to awaken to a scary place.
- Tip: trust in a company solvency is important, if your customers can not trust you to run a task on time and budget you will not be successful.
- If you say you will do something for your client to do the best of your ability, even if the task will not always give you enough profit.
- This client will be back for more tomorrow. Having a client is already better than having to pick one.
- Tip: Keep your business organized and tidy all the time. Nothing says that the ineffectiveness of a messy office, especially when your customers visit.
- If you can not keep your desktop tidy, then you are sure to neglect other areas such as the financial side of your business, balancing the checkbook and keep all records up to date.
- Errors are sure to occur in this environment.
- Tip: As a business owner you need to look tidy and well maintained at all times, even if your business is not so. Nothing says or looks as bad as a business owner looking messy to your customer.
- Sometimes you need to pretend that you do. Looking good, you’ll feel better about yourself and your business up and coming.
- Well maintained office also claims attributed to your company, so keep up appearances.
- Tip: Always fill your staff, when they do well or look good as they are the life of your business.
- You make them feel good about themselves and they will go the extra mile for you and your business. Keep your golden goose alive. Also remember that you need to complete your client and do it sincerely.
- And remember to always thank your guests for their business.
- Tip: When someone enters your business premises you need to treat them as a potential customer, even the driver of your provider.
- You never know. I will even say that you need to process your competition as a potential customer. They can not always be your competitors.
- Sometimes you can even have this particular product they can not be found.
- Tip: Sometimes your cash flow will be weak and lack of money not to worry, especially with bills to pay.
- So do yourself a favor and find ways of marketing to make more money, the bills will not be paid more quickly if you continue to worry about.
- Use your energy and resources efficiently to get the next customer through the doors of your business.
- Tip: Stop using the same old rehashed marketing and business ideas that everyone follows, they can watch successful, they can already be past, date of sale.
- Do not stagnate innovation.
- Remember that you are not alone in your company get your staff and family involved in thinking about new ideas to promote your business.
- Look from their perspective. You can be too deep in the trenches have noticed some new idea. Be receptive to their ideas, engage and work out the details.
- Sometimes nothing comes of it, and then the next big thing happens and it is your business! Encourage them to be innovative and think outside the box.
- Tip: Stay away from shady deals, especially when other people promise you things and favors for services that are not above board.
- Back hand always comes to dealing with the light, just when you think no one has seen or noticed that you can get the surprise of your life.
- Instead, walk down the street with your head high and be known as an honest businessman.
- Tip: At first you’re going to spend 16 hours a day and in your business, it is fine. Balance is the name of the game.
If you work hard, you play hard. Recharge your batteries, take some time.
Playing with the dog spend time with your family and friends. Your company will be there tomorrow, but you will not if you do not look behind you.
Ulcers, back pain and a body riddled course of battle will not be what you or your company any good. A good sleep is essential. It’s an order – out of time.
Tips For Small Businesses:
Due to the recent fall of the economy, the market has become hard.Generally small businesses are removed from the market earlier than they can create competition. A mentor can guide you through these hot times by providing advice to small businesses that will guide your business grow:
- First tip: Keep small labor: It is generally a good idea to keep your costs low for your business is small and growing. Do not use more people until and unless you need it.
- Second Tip: “invisible” costs: Generally new entrepreneurs have a hard time trying to reduce costs. They often ignore or can not find expenditures that are actually unnecessary, as the large warehouse they rented while a smaller could have done or maintenance expenses machinery that are rarely used. These expenses can be detected by a mentor.
- Tip Three: Keep it simple: Mentors generally ask companies not to “over-advertising” so that people might get the wrong impression.
In addition to offering advice to small businesses, a mentor can be a guidance amazing in so many ways. It could warn you of trouble ahead, that way it would be to limit the damage to your business.Generally, people are overwhelmed by their day to day office work and can not remember their main objective, a mentor can monitor progress and give you a boost when you are about to deteriorate.A mentor is someone you follow, overtime, you will learn the mistakes he made and not make the same mistakes. His advice to small businesses, where he will sometimes prove to be very useful in the treatment of everyday problems to give you an opportunity to learn.
After a certain period of time, your mentor can understand the potential in you and your business and provide references to build your business, or you may prefer to do it yourself by following what he does. It’s always a good idea to follow someone who is in the same company that you are, this way their advice to small businesses become more manageable.